Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
retardedhorse1

Dramatic Anxiety Reduction After 2 Months Of Meditation

2 posts in this topic

Hello people,

i just thought i wanted to share this with you.

Ive only been consistently meditating for 2 months now (40 min a day split up in 20 min each), using a simple "concentration meditation" where i focus one a bodily sensation( usually my feet touching the ground) and mentally label "touch" over and over again.Before that ive been experimenting with more "open monitoring" type techniques(where you dont focus on something specific) but they didnt work as well, they probably were to advanced.

Anyway, the most dramatic effect, which i didnt really expect, was a great reduction of my social anxiety.I used to be very nervous around groups of strangers, but for some reason im way more chill now.My heartrate doesnt go up anymore and ive developed like a healthy indifference in my social interactions.

If you find yourself struggeling with your meditation, maybe give this very basic concentration technique a try for a while.It might be less confusing and you are actually in control of whats going on.

Congratulations!  I echo your encouragement to others to stick with it!

You describe that 'for some reason' you're way more chill: I'd suggest trying to pull back meditative consciousness in though high-stress situations (maybe take a deep breath through the nose) - you might be surprised at the depth of self-realisation you're playing with on a subconscious level!