Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Perta

Opinion about medicinal mushrooms

2 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

I've just watched Leo's post about carnivore diet and I was a little surprised that he didn't mentioned trying out mushrooms...although it can be categorized in the group of supplements. 

In 2017 I developed a nice polycystic ovary syndrome (and there were some scars on my thyroid too from old cysts) and my gynecologist wanted an immediate surgery which didn't happened because I was afraid from medical mistakes. Instead I started to drink ganoderma lucidum (reishi) mushroom tea and extract and because this condition was associated with high insulin level, I've started running. After 3 or 4 months my symptoms had gone and to be honest I never went back to hospital for a checking. It seems an irresponsible act but fortunately I never have had any health or weight issue in my life. I was and I'm still sure that was a stress related condition because school and the forthcoming state exam. Anyways I'm still sticking on physical exercises, meditation and I've cut out meat from my diet. 

I'm really curious about your opinions and experiences about mushrooms (especially if you took them for a longer period of time) partially because we've started to cultivate our own. Mushrooms like oyster, lion's mane, ganoderma and shiitake. I can't help it but I'm seeing everywhere the resolutions for many problems in them, like in Leo's case. For example oyster and shiitake are rich in essential amino acids which are building blocks for proteins. They are the best for replacing meat 'cause the proteins (or combining with meat). Of course there are also a lot of different kind of fibers in them, like hard chitin but it it needs to be cooked really well, properly.  It will be easier for the digestive system to absorb the valuable elements. These two mushrooms could be used in dried and powdered form in meals as a 'condiment'. The main point is to be cooked well ( : It worth's a trying.

About the tinctures: in case of the lion's mane mushroom the water extraction really good for gut inflammatory problems while the alcoholic extraction is for the nervous system and it's a nootropic. Ganoderma is an adaptogen, helps for the immune system. Shiitake specialized for thyroid problems. I think from medicinal mushrooms always dual extract tinctures are the best. 

There is also a beautiful analogy in mushrooms: they break down the waste to make it useful for the nature. They do the same thing in our body. I won't go deeper into the topic because half of my knowledge comes from webpages and books of other cultivators like Mushroom Revival, Paul Stamets books and videos or the youtube channel called Nyishar. There are many pubmed articles as well, and yes it is too scientific and dry but I used a lot this website when I was a student. It is reliable...as reliable science can be.

I hope it is clear that I don't want to advertise or sell anything to anybody. I just wanted to make a suggestion with the intention of helping. I made a quick search on the forum looking for this medicinal mushroom topic but I only found a reishi post and a bunch of magic mushroom stuff (: . I'm sorry for grammar mistakes, I don't use English actively. I've been following Actualized.org since 2017 and this is my first post and it took a lot of courage from me to write...so again I hope I've said Something.

Wish the best! ;)

I have never thought that mushrooms can be so useful for health. But I think the most important thing is to consult a doctor before using them, as there are some conditions that do not allow eating mushrooms especially if there're problems with intestines. I had some problems with my liver and intestinal tract so my gastroenterologist prescribed me CBD oil that doesn't contain any restricted substances. Besides, scientists from University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences recently found CBD elevates the risk of liver toxicity. But, they found no harmful effects on kidneys or other organs.