Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BornToBoil

Which meditation schedule is better?

2 posts in this topic

I have been meditating on and off for a couple of years now so I am not a total beginner, but I was really inconsistent with it. I want to get more disciplined with my meditation habit and do it on a daily basis. And I am torn between meditating twice a day for 30 minutes or once a day for 1 hour.

On one hand, I really feel like I am able to go much deeper and the experience is much more profound if I meditate for 1 hour straight vs just 30 minutes. I can feel that I am actually in a different state of mind after I meditate for so long.

On the other hand, it's more difficult for me to actually sit and start meditating for 1 hour and it's not as flexible. So I think doing two 30 minute session would be better if I want to build a strong habit. Another plus of this approach is that it's easier to be more conscious throughout the day if you meditated twice  vs if you just meditated in the morning.

Which approach do you guys recommend?

Sometimes the only thing you have to doubt is your own common sense

I'd say building a strong habit is the important thing first, then you have a solid foundation to increase your meditation time and get into those deeper states, and it will be easier to integrate into your lifestyle. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)