Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charnini

Short story about our mind playing money trick

1 post in this topic

I am sharing with you the experience that I recently had about money toward my passion is playing a trick on me. 

Last Wednesday, I was packing my military gear to prepare for mobilizing. I noticed one of my gear was missing and it happens to be the most expensive one, about $1400. Though, I was worried sick because I am crunching on time. But somehow, I have a sense of relief that I can pay for a new one with no problem. No, I wasn't rich or poor, I do have a decent amount of money in my saving. But it got me thinking about the time that I wanted to buy new equipment for my baking, I have this tendency of hesitancy, doubt, fear, and uneasy feeling. I need to get the cheapest equipment or I need to wait until I have more money or even go as far as saying that I might be wasting money on the equipment even though it was just $ 9 for an oven thermometer. But here I am willing to give away $1400 for military gear without a second thought. 

On Friday, I found my gear, it was a huge relief. I still have $1400 to spare and use some of this money toward my passion. I started to view money as an opportunity and not a restriction. Without this experience, I would still have treated the money as relief, comfort, and reassurance and not invest it toward my passion. But even though if I ended up not finding my gear, with this new mindset, I would still invent some of my saving toward my passion.

Edited by charnini