Najim

Adam and Eve: The Origin Story

2 posts in this topic

Many folks dogmatically interpret the story of Adam and Eve as an occurrence that initiated the start of human existence on planet earth. 

But very little will take a closer look into what the story actually means. :ph34r:

p06h2r7k.jpg

I will use the Quranic version of the story of Adam and Eve to increase you in understanding. The story is scattered through out the Quran and not located in a single Surah. We will work around that.

The Quran has archetypes such as "Angels" "Devils" and much more in order to convey the meaning of truth more easily. 

The story starts with Satan. Who is Satan you may ask? He is the sustainer of deception, confusion, ungratefulness, suffering, conflict and much more. 

Satan promised to God; "I will approach your creation from their front, their back, their right, their left, and then You will find most of them ungrateful.”

In here we discover the nature of 1 of the two primary aspects of the human ego. In Islam, the Ego is segregated into 2 parts. The first being "Self" and the second being "Satan". This distinction is similar yet not synonymous to the one made in other cultures as "Higher Self" and "Lower Self". 

This "Aya" or "Sign" in the Quran reveals the nature lower self  or "Satan". It's nature is to attack you "using logic, emotion, persuasion" from every angle to make sure your experience of reality is so misguided and deceived that you begin to suffer resulting in your lack of gratitude. Forgetting God = Ungratefulness.

Emphasis on the word "most" in the line; most of them ungrateful. 
This means there are some, who experience Satan, but do not become ungrateful. Those who are spiritually gifted among us see through the deceptions easily.

We cautioned, “O Adam! Live with your wife in Paradise and eat as freely as you please, but do not approach this tree, or else you will be wrongdoers.”

God refers to himself as "We", Not "I", emphasizing unity, oneness. 

God orchestrated creation for creation to experience creation (itself) and its pleasures. God warns of the suffering ahead which comes about by "eating" from the "Tree". What is meant by "Eating"? What is meant by "Tree"? 

The Tree represents all the different ways in which you can worship yourself. So "eating" from it means engaging in the pursuit of self worship.

But Satan deceived them out of  the blissful state they were in. He told them; God doesn't want  you eat from the tree lest you become of the Angels and immortals. He caused their downfall. Then We said “Descend from the heavens to the earth."

Satan (You), the best of persuaders, deceived them into the game of self worship. He convinced them of the reality of themselves and told them that this reality was not good enough. They needed to be better "Immortal Angels". This drove them to their demise, as this was all an illusion, a game they chose to play. And because of this God descended them from the "heavens "and onto "earth". 

In other words.

Enlightenment -> deception -> birth of self -> self worship -> lack of enlightenment - darkness -> suffering 

Thereafter Adam learnt certain prayers from his Lord and began to repent in the words that were taught to him. So He turned towards him with mercy; surely He is oft-returning with compassion towards His creatures and is Ever Merciful.

Then Adam (Mankind). Learnt the ways in which to remember God, to free himself of his lower self. These ways of remembrance include gratitude, meditation, yoga, pranayama, psychedelic experiences etc..

Also, since Adam never returned to "Heaven", therein is implied that man remains deceived until his death. For Adam never returned to heaven alive. You may remember God, unfold deception, but "you" are still bound to "yourself" as long as "you" are alive. 

God is all welcoming and all forgiving, do not fear his closeness. 

But, those who will disbelieve and reject Our Signs as false, they shall be inmates of the Fire, therein shall they abide.

Those who stubbornly deny the signs which teach them remembrance of God, remain in perpetual self worship, living in the painful Fire.

Personally, of the many signs I experiences, one was when I was going through hardship and called out for God and minutes later a butterfly landed on my chest and chose to stay there. A most reassuring feeling came over me that caused remembrance of God. A shame it would be to "fall into deception" and say it was coincidence and deny the presence and all loving nature of God . 

-

This is the story of mankind, mankind falls for perpetual self worship. The goal now is remembrance of God and to experience creation to its fullest. 

Feel free to use this as a reference story to your experience of life. I certainly do. 

Much Love

❤️

Edited by Najim