Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sahi96

Are the Devil (Ego) and God (selfless love) one and the same?

4 posts in this topic

I have been contemplating the idea of the ego and how egotistical consciousness produces hell by creating the illusion of pain and suffering through separation from the whole and how full surrender and selflessness reveals heaven and infinite love. 

Leo once said that he has visited hell realms where he forgot that love existed but that all realms (which are like dreams) are temporary. The devil will never defeat God. All of the devil's victories are temporary. 

Sadghuru has also said "for most of humanity, 90% of the time, we are not at ease with ourselves" - in the sense that we are miserable at work, in our relationship, in our daily lives, while commuting to work etc. 

On the idea of the "whole", the "Brahman", however you want to call the Universe realizing itself in an eternal loop that never was, I wonder if anyone has any contemplations on if hell and heaven, in terms of levels of consciousness is a somehow balanced force? That there is as much hell as there is heaven? I understand the message within this forum that we are "God", that this is all a dream to realize it, and I am sure for the truly enlightened ones, they are mainly experiencing the love consciousness, but I am curious if there is any reason to believe that the lower ego tiers of consciousness aren't in equal footing with the highest? Are we not all condemned to forget our "Godliness" as much as we are to Awaken from these dreams ad infinitum? Is the Devil not on equal footing with God as they fight an endless battle for supremacy and is not the real truth the center? 

TL:DR While the Devil (Ego) will never defeat God (infinite love), as all of his victories will be temporary, will God also never defeat the Devil, who will inevitably lose as well (and very likely, just as much?)? Is all of existence a "balanced" reality? 

NuiU.gif

Edited by Sahi96

Either the answer to my inquiry is blatantly obvious or nobody wants to deliver some bad news :D

7 hours ago, NondualesStudium said:

See how "balance" is a dualistic concept. God is not (and is).

Maybe God is Balance with capital B wich is balance between balance and imbalanace.

11 hours ago, NondualesStudium said:

See how "balance" is a dualistic concept. God is not (and is).

I understand the dualistic nature of my question but I do not wish to get into the semantics. I think it is possible to have a discussion on the holistic nature of God and I am wondering if it is perhaps more correct to view both God and the Devil as forming a unified one, or if there is another way to approach this question. 

I understand that many on this forum are set on the idea of letting go, accepting your nature as God and so on, but I am wondering how far this approach goes in the other direction. I do not mean to cause disharmony, I am only trying to pursue truth here, but is there any reason why Leo's signature shouldn't instead be:

"You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo. You are the Devil. You are Hate. You are Nothing. You are Hitler."