Dazz

Navigating the vast seas of consciousness in others

2 posts in this topic

One thing I've struggled with in the journey to a higher expression of consciousness is navigating around others who first are not interested in a deep understanding of reality and second who take advantage of good nature. I find it really tiring to listen to people whine about their circumstances and be completely incapable of helping themselves due to listening to and believing their thoughts (solidly, and unshakeable) and sticking to concepts that don't serve them, at all. But nonetheless people complain endlessly about their circumstances, about how unhappy they are, but won't do anything to help themselves. You don't need to self actualise much to begin to help yourself. I hate seeing old friends become addicts to different outlets, all in an attempt to cope, and I know it isn't my responsibility to change them, but what is the 'right' answer? I understand everything is inherently Good, but individually these people are suffering. This is simply a facet of the wider subject I'm trying to approach.

How do you 'defend', without invoking ego, against other egos? How do you contend with dominators in relationships, personal or work place, without invoking your own ego, as a means of defence, because you are actually under 'attack' and will be taken advantage of if you don't do something?

I just find that when I take myself away from people and society, I feel much more energised, calm, complete, but then when I return to dealing with people, it heavily involves egoic interpretation, and it knocks me down a level. And unfortunately I'm not in a position to take myself away from society until I'm older, which I fully intend on doing. 

It just seems, that especially now after the COVID fiasco, the general 'energy' of people is highly neurotic, highly individualistic, highly egoic, high stress and it's extremely difficult to not 'absorb' this in interactions with others and participation in society. 

During the covid lockdowns I've been taking myself away and stopping in the woods and it's been extremely constructive in spiritual work, to be around nothing and nobody and realise I do not have 'anxiety' and 'depression' what I have is an incompatibility with the way we currently live. And then after a few days of coming back, I feel like I must leave again to return to the peace I found. I hope this makes sense and doesn't come across as a rant. 

I guess to summarise, this work is individual, unique, introspective and inward, have you found any helpful methods in applying outward to others, that helps to maintain the peace you find from the introspective work?

There are no "others", although we feel that way as we operate under relative domain.

I would suggest, focus on increasing your awareness as all others are nothing but you.

"you" cannot eliminate sufferings (relatively speaking) of all beings, as they are all part & play of consciousness (not actually suffering from God view). It can split & play as it's currently doing as "you".

That's my understanding from consciousness states in trance. You'd get to know directly and instantly.