caspex

Sharing insights on Ego

1 post in this topic

Scan with thin lines from above your head, slowly, until you reach your eye level or nose level, now adjust it until it feels like the scan hit 'you', from where you think  'you' look from. That is what atleast happened with me. I never knew I identified so strongly with that spot until I did the thing.

So that's like discovering the ego without labels. What it essentially is, is identification with sensations. Now be it an actual physical sensation, memories of certain behaviors, memories of particular thoughts, an image, some sensation of an internal spot in the body, a compliment, an insult, some feedback, anything to do with language that you think describes you, etc. I term them all as a sensation since those are all either memories, imagination, thoughts or physical sensations. Memories, imagination and thoughts are really the same thing that just pop up, and that's a sensation too. 

Usually 'you' are rooted in a lot of stuff from tons of memories to tons of spots in the body. Hard to notice. 

So what does ''you' being rooted in these things' even mean? It means identifying with these sensations. But what is identification but yet another sensation that pops like all other thoughts/sensation? There is a sensation, and then there is another one that says that sensation is you. Well, how does that identification, or rather, sensation that says the other present sensation is you, say that? Say that, "This sensation is you". From what I can notice, it says that by feeling like "This particular sensation needs to survive, continue, and live on. It should not change." It's a strong sensation of wanting to maintain whatever sensation you identify as you. So who identifies? No one because identification itself is a sensation that just pops up.

Btw, as I was finishing re-reading that, I just got terrified as I just realized I am nothing. fucking hell. I have never been so terrified in my life. As the thing I am terrified from is me. It's so close that it is me.