Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aste

Psychedelics contact and the abstract leap in early homo sapiens consciousness

1 post in this topic

Hi Leo I've been working for an assignment in my school about homo sapiens evolution. Mainstream books put genetic randomness as the cause for the development of abstract concepts in the sapiens language, but something tells me –besides mckenna's theory of the stone ape and your teachings– that this huge leap in the consciousness of the sapiens is related mainly to the access of some of them to the power of psychedelics, allowing these psychonauts pioneers to construct abstract concepts and creating the need to communicate their findings in these new realms to their fellow sapiens in form of art and language.

One huge difference between the homo sapiens and the other hominids is the ability to comunicate things that "don't exist". That characteristic is linked with our capacity to gather around concepts and ideologies that seemingly were a decisive factor in the erradication of the other species of humans back then since it permit us to form strong alliances and bigger social structures. 

I see some connections with your teachings but I haven´t heard you talk about this possible explanation for the homo sapiens leap in consciousness and would be very grateful if you can explore this important piece of the human history that will increase substantially our understanding of the human development. Also, I'd like to discuss why they continued to be so unloving and selfish, to the point of erradicating their own hominid brothers even after tasting the wisdom of God. Thank you Leo, love your work.