Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elevated

Felt "full" during passage meditation

2 posts in this topic

I've been doing passage meditation for a couple weeks now, and did a 2g mushroom trip last week which may have influenced today's meditation. Today while I was reciting my passage (the best, like water from the Tao Te Ching) I started doing something a little bit different. In the book Eknath Easwaran tells you to recite the words quite slowly as in, "the...best...like...water." Before today I had usually stated them at a reasonable pace or attack, but with a pause in between each word. Today I started saying the words themselves slowly and without a pause in between each word. As such it became, "theeeeebeeeessttliiiiikewaaaater."

I noticed almost immediately this sense of being full and bright like warm water was enveloping my consciousness. It felt as if I was plunging deeper into my mind, like the literal sensation of descending into a warm lake, going deeper and deeper into its embrace. I also found that I was far better able to actually focus on the words themselves rather than having other thoughts come up to drown out the internal volume of my recitations.

I've been on/off meditating for the past few years, but in the past 5 months I've become much more consistent. This is probably the first experience I've had like this and it was absolutely amazing. Who would have thought a consistent practice could deliver. 

Edited by Elevated

@Elevated This is only the beginning. You must make sure your practice is sustained for several years minimum. Then you will see all the good results.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie