Espaim

2021 major changes

3 posts in this topic

Male, 20

So, I've been thinking of doing several things for some time now. I planned out what I want to accomplish in my life according to my passions and well-thought future predictions. This year I am biting the bullet. I'm gonna do it no matter what happens. It'll probably be hard to go out and do socializing anyway so I may as well use this time to accomplish my lone tasks.

Goals for 2021 in order of importance

• Enter psychology major (no progress. Still need to decide whether I'll need to study or not)
    • I've been studying Mechanical Engineering for 1.5 years and I absolutely can't imagine myself being happy working as an Engineer. TBH I went in to be a professor, like a Physics or Math professor. I want to join psychology so I can help advance the research on psychedelics over the world. I also have a backup plan if this gets too out of hand that also involves psychedelics. Nonetheless, I prefer to focus on this project first. If I am not able to get a transference I'll need to study.
  • Exercise 3x/week (currently 0%)
    • This is the most procrastinated goal ever. I really dislike aerobic exercise but I would really benefit from it. Running in my cool shoes around the astonishing shore I have next to my house. What a great view!
  • Clean up my diet (80% clean currently: 40%)
    • I have struggled with diet all my life. Always eating shitty food. I think this is due to a dopamine problem as I have a tendency of being ADHD and I want a high of some sort. I already went to a dietitian and I'm focusing on following the plan accordingly.
  • Read 20 books (currently on my first one)
    • I struggled with brain fog for the whole of 2020. Now I'm recovering due to diet and a med that I started taking.
  • If I don't get the transference to psychology, then I'll start working a part-time job so I can get money to get a drivers' license.

Any other ideas cross my mind I'll add them here. When compelled to, I'll update my progress.

On 04/01/2021 at 7:32 PM, Espaim said:

Still need to decide whether I'll need to study or not

So I'll need to study. Shit, I was wishing very hard I wouldn't need to do this. After analyzing the options, I noticed I'll have to study as I probably won't get a transference. There's a small chance I'll be able to but I'm not counting on it. If I do, I can just stop studying and enter university. This would be an awesome relief! Right now, I'll have to content myself with starting all over again. Life's like that sometimes.

I'm afraid to start this journey but I'm accepting the call. Fuck it! Here I go.

EDIT: changed my mind. I'm gonna work and wait for the possibility for a transference (which I have good chances in)

Edited by Espaim

I was going to start job-hunting today but I was dizzy for the whole day. Almost felt like I was going to faint. So, postponed.