Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bubba66

Time management isn’t enough

2 posts in this topic

Just sharing an insight here. 

I realized recently that simply strategizing to “free up your time” is not enough to help you stay on purpose in life. I have often thought things like “if only I wasnt working so many hours a week, Id have the time and energy for Life Purpose work”; or “If I was single again, Id have so much time for inner work and music”. 

The mistake is assuming that simply having free time will equate to me becoming a more authentic me. This is false, unless you have done the inner work to handle obstacles to being authentic, like social pressures or a demanding career; or taming your inner gremlin and stopping those negative thought loops. 

As it stands now, I have carved out two weeks of free time. What happened? It was unconsciously filled with bullshit and obligations right away, While also falling back into ALL OF MY bad habits (video games, mindless youtube, sleeping late and not exercising). 

I have always struggled with three things in life: Time Management, People Pleasing, and Focusing. 

If you relate, just know that those tendencies are not a result of being too busy or obligated in life. The core of your problem is an emotional one and a Values one. You could be a trust-fund baby and have financial security for life, and all the free time you want; it would not help you. In fact, you’d be SOL, missing out on character level ups by staying true in the face of pressures.

Today I got back in touch with my vision grounded in my top values, and magic happened. I suddenly feel like I have so much more energy, and so many things to do. 

Here’s a secret: if you are on purpose in life, there will be feelings that say “there just isnt enough time in the day!” Thats actually good, since its what helps you jump out of bed the very next day. Life is short, afterall.

notice: it is hardest to get out of bed when you are off purpose; then boredom takes over and you get stuck in those nasty dopamine loops of horseshit time-wasters. Sit still and do nothing, when all else fails; you’ll reset and do just fine. 

Let me know what your insights are for managing the giant puzzle on the way to daily flow states and personal freedom. I feel like Im getting closer, even despite working full time and being in a relationship. 

Time is breath. - Gurdjieff

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia