Elena

Clumsiness

4 posts in this topic

I have been falling down flights of stairs and hurting myself in ridiculous ways almost all my life. I was discussing my most recent absurd trauma with my yoga teacher and he told me : You are not really clumsy. But its okay, its just the way you think. When you meditate more and practice more you will get over that psychological barrier. 

I thought that thinking about clumsiness as a psychological barrier was really interesting but I couldnt ask him more about that because he is just not that type of person. There is almost a "typical" clumsy character in books - think of the Bella Swans and other banal romantic novel heroines that became popular in the last 10 years and there surely is a reason for that. And I almost perfectly fit the type of dissoriented 20+ year old. 

Anyway, I thought that it was  an interesting idea that self confidence (maybe) can affect such things as agility and I would like to hear what other people have to say on the topic.

I am not very sure that my answer would be a qualified one - but I am definitely sure that I became more agile once I started working out. Mind you, I haven't done any serious physical exercises for most of my life. I've started working out when I turned around 25. 

So maybe starting with fitness and physical exercises could help with that?.. 

Ive been working out for an year and a half 3 times a week and doing yoga on and off for 5 years. So I dont hink thats the case with me

Maybe you should see a doctor. That can be an issue with your ear canals. Just concentrate on what you're doing to not have accidents. I hope you'll get rid of your problem.