benjhenry

You vs your mind?

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone else found that sometimes it’s easy to walk through walls and doors in a lucid dream, and other times it’s impossible? You know you’re dreaming, but a part of you is refusing to play ball…

Totally. It's like something is trying to pull you away once you realize you have the power to do the actions you mentioned. I can't tell if it's existential fear or some unconscious trigger that thinks we aren't supposed to be aware of our dream state or something else entirely. It's odd but the same realization in this "real" dream had similar effects on my psyche the first few times I recognized it... I just haven't figured out how to walk through walls in here yet.

There are many methods for raising the level of calm you experience once you've realized you're dreaming - it helps you stay in the dream and will certain anomalies into the dreamscape. Look into the topic! It's deep and goes back centuries.

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

I know what you mean. I think it probably is some unconscious element trying to prevent us from running headlong into walls. I find it interesting how sometimes it's possible and sometimes it isn't, like it depends on the level to which we understand it is a dream.