BalancedBlotter

Membership/online course/community/gamification Platform Recommendations

2 posts in this topic

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to our American friends!

I'm currently in the market for a platform to host my training and I'm hoping to get some insight/recommendations from you fine folk. 

My main focus is on member experience/engagement. I can spend up to $400/month if needed at the beginning if it includes everything I need. 

Main features I'm looking for:

- tiered membership ability

- host course content with drip control

- community/forum where members can interact with each other

- gamification factors such as levels, badges, leaderboard, points, etc

- mobile app would be nice but is not necessary at this time

My current favorite option is Mighty Networks as it seems to have everything I'm looking for but is weak in the gamification category. 

Circle seemed great but seems too focused on the community and not enough on delivering course content. 

LearnDash seemed great too but the community aspect appears a bit archaic.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts/recommendations and/or questions :)

Cheers!

You can start with each, experiment with designing each and see which one you like best.

I would say research the best platforms (which is what I guess you are in the process of doing here), look up various terms like "Best gamification platforms", "Best community platforms", "Best overall platforms", etc. Do extensive research, consider all your options.

I would say, look at the existing communities, courses, memberships, etc. that are most like what you want (that you like the best, are the most successful, are the best, etc.) and look into what platforms they are using. Whatever you want to know, do, someone else has probably done something similar (or has features that you would want) so take from the work and ideas of what they have already done.

Also consider customization, looking into the themes with the most customization, in which you would be able to edit and add these features yourself or hire someone else to do it for you

Something you might want to look into is Octalysis, Octalysis Prime

For gamification, you may be looking into leaderboards, points, badges, different skill points, etc., something of that nature. That may be possible on all of those platforms in some way or another. It may not have to be as complex as you would ideally like, atleast starting off.

Edited by AlphaAbundance