Guest SirVladimir

Help me market this. I'm lost.

45 posts in this topic

@SirVladimir

• Try Paid Advertising (Like through platforms or influencer marketing)
  • Try Content Marketing (Like through a Blog, YouTube Channel, etc.)
Edited by AlphaAbundance

Oh my fucking god, what have I done. This'll be one of the last updates on the thread, as I have arrived at my destination point. I had done shamanic breathing before I joined today's global meditation, which is something I do not usually engage in. This is nor my highest awakening nor the apex of spirituality, but in that moment, it felt truly magical to be meditating along thousands of others, side by side. Something clicked, and I realized giving up the requirement to read Journeys Beyond Earth in altered consciousness is the correct move. I had never felt so sure about marketing before. A simple subheading "stories about consciousness" will do. Oh god. I gotta get back to work; to rework the First Volume's cover, preface, and instructions a bit. My new audience are all the airy-fairy humans who talk of Love and Light, however new-agey that reveals to be, and romantic idealists in general. I came to a realization that craving to be read under drugs was a subtle form of ego as well - a prolific attempt to mitigate my greatest limiting belief that I'll be misunderstood - and so I gave it up. Although my life purpose states To bring people to Unity by overwhelming them with beauty, I cannot push anyone nor can I make them drink from the well. My job is to simply write stories about consciousness. How simple. Apologies if I'm oversharing, for I'm still a bit high from shamanic breathwork, but these mental operations might prove useful to someone. I have never felt so sure before that this is gonna work. My horizons have expanded so much. There have appeared so many more options.

Thanks everyone for chirping in, you have had good things to say. I'll take it from here. :)

Edited by SirVladimir

1 hour ago, SirVladimir said:

My job is to simply write stories about consciousness

that's it! "I am here to serve those who need me.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I'm an aspiring copywriter so I may be able to help you with this endeavour. I haven't read your book so I don't know what direction your book is going in. I'm able to provide my insight with the information you have provided in this thread.

You need to deeply ask yourself the following question.

What problem is my product going to solve? or to put it in a different way, how would my readers benefit from this digital product?

You will likely have to edit your book in order to fully achieve this. 

In order to truly create a masterpiece you should read your book line by line and ask yourself: "how does this sentence serve my reader?" and if it doesn't change it to a sentence that does. 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:24 AM, SirVladimir said:

What's my intuition telling me: The ideal audience more/less resembles me. What would be the characteristics:

• Deep sense for appreciation of beauty & excellence
  • A childhood-like wonderment and amazement
  • Open-minded, curious, positive, innocent, 'naive'
  • I hate to use stereotypes, but INFP-like nature
  • I bet the same people also love series like LOTR, Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc; I think the subconscious tone and attraction of such works is similar 
  • Have a drive to explore themselves and their imagination
  • Open to reading on cannabis or light doses of psychedelics (shamanic breathing works as well, but I think it's impossible to gather an audience solely based on shamanic breathing). Note: What if I dropped the requirement to read on psychoactive substances altogether? Using them or doing shamanic breathing prior to reading is what creates the magical atmosphere. Damn. 

tenor.gif

This is completely the wrong approach as these are the habits of the top 0.0000000000000001%. 

This is a huge advantage if you have the right approach. You have the potential to create a new groundbreaking market. Humans naturally want to live in a state of higher vibrational frequency. The 99% don't realise it due to the social conditioning of the matrix that we live in. Humans naturally look for love and run away from fear, they just don't recognise yet that happiness comes from within. This is why marketing is so effective it's a lie predicated on selling happiness!

You already know your message won't get through to most people so create an angle that opens their minds to see how good their life could become via spirituality etc.