crewlick

Anyone Have Experience In Network Marketing?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Recently I got introduced to the network marketing. Quite by accident someone gave me his business card with a quote on the back "The major key to your better future is you". As I don't really have my life purpose defined yet I took those words as a good omen and I went for a meeting to see what this is all about.

I got introduced to some product and to the new way of starting a business which is network marketing. In the core of that company is a motto: make your dreams come true by showing others opportunity to make theirs dreams come true. As unreal as it sounds the facts are that if you are taking it seriously you can become financially independent - it's like having your own business with assets.

It's been 3 months since I meet that guy and in the meantime I was getting more sceptic about it but last week my employer who is my good friend said to me that he just got introduced to the network marketing and he sees a future in it.  And that got me to rethink it again.

I would love to hear from anyone who has any experience or some better knowledge about it than me and 90% of the internet. 

Thanks a lot for any insights

There are lots of snake oil sellers and ponzi/pyramid schemes among these. At least here in Finland there seems to be something shady in about every MLMs business. So, I would be very skeptical, as usual. It's a good sign that you should stay away from it if it's hard to understand how the payment system works. So I recommend to get the information about how much you must sell to earn x amount of money and think if the effort what it takes would be worth it. If there's lots of bonuses and levels etc. variables and if you have any troubles to clearly understand how that money comes and goes, it might be better to stay away.

Ive been doing network marketing last year and it has software product which I don't really understand, but interested on the earning potential side by inviting other to join. Now,if your going into networking business first of all you need to  understand why?, and you should be interested about the product itself. If you start investing money make sure that you get the product instantly, preferably tangible products. Lastly no matter how the business gave you earnings, make sure if the company is stable and can give you a long term satisfaction.

Edited by Jaypee Lituañas

I've never personally done network marketing, but I know a bit about it through research and people I know:

Network marketing (often synonymous with "multi-level marketing") can be a feasible way to make money. However, you deserve to know what you're getting yourself into: you would become a salesperson/recruiter—your goal is to either sell services to people, recruit more salespeople/recruiters into the business, or both. Furthermore, you are paid strictly off of commission; the business only cuts you a check when you generate profits for them (so the business doesn't care who works for it; anyone can hire or fire themselves at will).

If you aren't already a good salesperson, you may need further training to gain a desirable income from network marketing. This is especially true since there is a negative connotation toward network marketing. I think this may be because the selling approach of network marketers usually feels a bit forced, similar to telemarketers—telemarketers tend to call you out of the blue, blast you with information, and then request you to buy a service without providing you any value beforehand. If you don't mind not having a secure stream of income, and you want to work as a salesperson, then network marketing may be for you.

Edited by Clay Curl