Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harmonance

Curing "Aphantasia" and developing your mind's eye for more vivid visualization.

1 post in this topic

Hey Leo!

Few years ago I found out I had what's been recently called Aphantasia, the inability to see any visual images within my "mind's eye," it hadn't occurred to me before I found out about the term, but whenever anyone would say imagine this or that, I would just conceptualize in ideas, never in actual images, and it somewhat shocked me to remember how I could easily do that as a kid and how I've lost that ability since I've stopped doing it. I hadn't even imagined  that people around me could be doing all this in their heads all without my knowledge.

IMO this is a very important skill to develop and become adept at, knowing that visualization is a key element to developing a more adequate self image, manifesting your dreams, visualizing a better reality, being creatively artistic, thinking laterally, speed reading, the list goes on and on and on. I feel somewhat handicapped having lost this ability and it would be awesome to know if others have been able to develop it again and absolve their issue and what it takes to do so.