Jelly_Shades

The Life Purpose Pyramids (an Idea)

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

So, being about halfway into Leo's Life Purpose Course, an idea of how to sum up what living one's life purpose consist of came into my mind. 

I call it "The Life Purpose Pyramids". They both represent what action you take physically in the world and the action you take within your mind. 

Please tell me what you think, or you have any ideas of how these could be improved to be further of use to people.

Intrinsic Action.png

Extrinsic Action.png

Extrinsic Action.png

Edited by Jelly_Shades

@Jelly_Shades These look pretty solid :) 

It's pretty vague, but I guess that just makes it so that different people can fit into the model.

I agree with it, though I do things on all levels of the pyramid, I'm sure a lot of people do to.

Though I do think I ought to focus on the bottom level stuff

@Chew211

Thank you! The bottom stuff is the bulk of the work you do, and the stuff people have the hardest time dealing with. This is why doing this life purpose thing is so hard. What is considered the most boring, mundane and emotionally challenging part of mastering an art is like 70-80% of what you end up having to do. There's an art to learning to appreciate it. 

@Jelly_Shades I like the idea a lot. And I would like to see it maybe in the same triangle, like the right side is intrinsic and left is extrinsic.

And for me dealing with theory came first. Idealizing and concept making, meh, so so; but dealing with fear still happens everyday. And the fear is mostly about performing and sharing. So if you decide to somehow link this into your life purpose, like you study psychology or something, you can do lots of research on it to test the credibility ;)

@Jelly_Shades This pyramid gave me a realization! I realized that I had a life purpose over the course of my life from childhood to where I am now. My life purpose is that I want to master the art of storytelling and to tell my own stories and to learn from the master storytellers and how to create my own unique and authentic voice as a storyteller. It's great to have this realization and that I'm in my early 20s. I feel like I want to expand my life purpose and broaden it by focusing on mastering comedy and the art of comedy and how to truly discover my authenticity through comedy. Before I die, I want to contribute something to comedy or to storytelling! I have a life purpose but i feel like i need to go deeper and discover new amazing insights. This realization excites me! 

Edited by Zane