Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vinc3nc

A short story by Naval (Inspired by Jed McKenna)

1 post in this topic

Morpheus: Wake up Neo, the Matrix has you. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Neo: I have to see it for myself. <reaches for the red pill.>

Morpheus: The year is 2199. Welcome...to the desert of the real. The last human city. Zion.

Neo: No. Stop. Let me out. I want out.

Morpheus: I didn’t say it would be easy, Neo. I just said it would be the truth.

Neo: No, I mean let me out of Zion. To the truth. Give me the real red pill.

Morpheus: You took the red pill, you're in Wonderland.

Neo: I still have a splinter in my mind. How do I know that this isn't a simulation?

Morpheus: I can't prove to you that this isn't a simulation.

Neo: Then show me how deep the rabbit hole goes.

<Morpheus shuffles around. A bag of red pills emerges.>

Morpheus: Which sim do you want?

Neo: The top level. The Root sim. No more secrets.

Morpheus: How would you even know?

Neo: It would have infinite power and intelligence, to render all the other sims. Being perfect and complete, it would itself appear without opposites.

<Morpheus leads Neo to a blank room.>

Morpheus: This is the Constructor. It’s our loading program. Infinite intelligence and awareness. It spawns the nested simulations. Welcome...to the desert of the real.

Neo: So...God?

Morpheus: Faith is for savages. We have probability. Behold, The Supreme Programmer.

Neo: At last. Nirvana. Truth. Top level. Root access. Now I am free.

Morpheus: You can't exist here. Any finite feature, including you, implies a simulation. Nothing to do. Nowhere to go. No one to be. You can dissolve. You are the One, Neo. To be precise, the Only.

Neo: ...

Neo: It’s the cheat code to the whole game.

Morpheus: What game remains?

Neo: No. Stop. Let me out. Let me out. I want out.

Morpheus: I didn’t say it would be easy, Neo. I just said it would be the truth. There's nothing out there. You are free.

Neo: Free? You call this free? Then I need to forget. I need an exit. Morpheus, bring me a dream.

Morpheus: You take this blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

Neo: If I have to choose between the Blank Room and the Matrix, I choose the Matrix.

Morpheus: Rest, Neo. Here is a world to pull over your eyes and to blind you from the truth. Good night, Mr. Anderson.

Edited by vinc3nc
typo