Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tash

Moving up the spiral

2 posts in this topic

Do you think it's possible to barely graze a specific stage/colour in spiral dynamics, but still learn a fair chunk of the downfalls of that color and progress without much shadow impact? e.g. say you had a traumatic childhood without any access to help, you fend for yourself at the depths of rock bottom all by yourself, only to realise the incredible amounts of power within you that likely wouldn't have been accessed in a state of complacency and the counter-productive impacts of the proverbial ass-wiping on society. 

Edited by Tash
spelling error :(

When you say “barely glaze a specific stage/color” I wonder if the person has ongoing needs that the earlier value meme supports? In your example, a person who had a traumatic childhood might lack feelings of belonging. Purple is great for belonging. As the person advances in other areas (like strength or scientific knowledge), they might have ongoing needs for tribal belonging. A person can probably “integrate” non-shadow aspects of earlier stages. That’s what I’m hoping, anyway! For example, I lack integration of red. So, I’m trying to develop my self-respect by bodybuilding.