Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Compatibility

Sexual identity and orientation

2 posts in this topic

There are two dominant perspectives in society about sexual identity and orientation.

The first is that one gender naturally is attracted to the opposite gender and there is a certain way that a certain gender should act or feel and anything that deviates from that is a threat to the society.

The second view is that some people are born as homosexuals or an opposite psychological gender to their biological one. 

Neither view is true. There are different layers to what sexual identity and orientation is.

In terms of sexual orientation, there's sexual lust that has to do with biological instincts and acquired tastes. On the other hand there's psychological affection, which in large part is a result of the social programming to enable family. Such identifications as homosexual and heterosexual are illusory as there are different layers to what those mean and in each layer as well there's different degrees on a spectrum. That applies similarly to sexual identity. 

It is foolish to demonize people showing unusual sexual attitude but it also foolish to identify oneself too much with a certain sexual identity or orientation. The most dangerous manifestation of the latter view is transgender surgery. This is doing harm to your physical body with superficial illusory identification that is happening in your head. You can be flexible in terms of how you feel sexually but within the confines of how your physiology is naturally regulated because of having xy or xx chromosome. 

Edited by Compatibility

2 hours ago, Compatibility said:

Such identifications as homosexual and heterosexual are illusory as there are different layers to what those mean and in each layer as well there's different degrees on a spectrum. That applies similarly to sexual identit.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you elaborate? 

2 hours ago, Compatibility said:

The most dangerous manifestation of the latter view is transgender surgery. This is doing harm to your physical body with superficial illusory identification that is happening in your head. 

Why would it be harmful? Do you consider any esthetic surgery harmful?

I wrote a post about genders recently, I did not touch upon surgerys because I don't have a strong opinion on that one and ultimately it's up for people to decide. Read if you'd like to get a different perspective if you want and let me know in which points you agree and which you don't :) 

Edited by Fran11