JevinR

How To Acquire More Chi?

5 posts in this topic

I've found deep diaphragmatic breathing (breathing into the belly), meditation, & chakra meditation to help.

Yin and Yang are harmonious. One can not exist without the other.  They are in a dynamic balance so if you want more Yang (masculine) energy, it is just as important to focus on the Yin (feminine) energy. The relative levels of Yin and Yang are constantly changing but if you focus too much on Yang you can become out of balance and eventually one will consume the other. 

That being said, JSeuss is right with deep breathing; Elliot Hulse would term this "Breathe into your balls". Check out his Youtube channel, hes all about masculine and feminine energy when it comes to fitness and physical prowess - he helped me a lot. 

I'd also recommend stop masturbating if you do already. Its such a waste of energy! Heavy compound lifts in the gym, having a good diet especially is important. Smoked fish, egg yolks and red meats are yang iirc. 

Remember not to neglect Yin though - Life is a balance.

Hope that helped, correct me if I'm wrong anywhere. 

There are 3 main types of energy in traditional chinese theory: Jing, Qi and Shen

Jing is the densest and lowest form, and is very powerful and resonates close to the physical plane. 
Qi is in the middle, it's in constant motion through the meridians of the body and resonates quite closely with emotions
Shen is the most subtle of the energies and is to do with the mind and spirit

When you feel very powerful with explosive vitality within you ready to tackle anything, that is when you have high concentrations of Jing. This also correlates to a high libido and abundance of sexual energy.

As Black Flag mentioned, Yin and Yang are reliant on eachother, and really you want to build Yin energy to fuel the Yang. It's kind of like a spring, you contract first in order to expand.

One of the most powerful ways of building Jing I've found is Gary Clyman's condensing breathing technique where you basically condense Qi into Jing inside the central channels of your body. The videos are below... (be aware Gary Clyman is a character, perhaps too much Jing.. but personality aside the technique is very powerful)

kung-fu-panda-3-01.jpg

Watch Kong Fu Panda 3... trust me. ;)