Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pelin

Can You Go Back In Personal Development?

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.

Just a quick question. Do you think it is possible to go back in personal development?

I've just been reading stuff that I wrote 10 years ago (when I was at university) and from my writings I had the impression that I was at a much higher place back then. I was more conscious, less fearful and much more creative (very much yellow according to spiral dyn). I even wrote something that related to non-duality without even knowing about the concept.

In the video on Spiral Dynamics Leo mentioned that one cannot really go back, I kinda feel like I was more yellow back then and had a better understanding of everything. After university, the rush to get a career, the need to fit in the workplace and so on moved me backwards perhaps. 

So what do you think? I hope I made my point clear.

@Pelin I've noticed in my own life, it's just as simple as either you take effective action and get results or you stop and the results begin waning off, until you start again

It seems like you're using your memories to put yourself down, I personally think everyone is always developing, whether good or bad in their eyes who knows but every moment is a new moment of change.

Also, if you were truly 'yellow' back then you wouldn't be questioning yourself now. 

Best Wishes 

You probably haven't reached yellow quite yet. More likely you're still shedding your orange, which can easily be misinterpreted as yellow. Don't be discouraged by this--it only means what lies ahead of you is more fulfilling and mind blowing than anything you have experienced.