UtopiaX

Having Trouble Shortening Impact Statement

2 posts in this topic

Alright well I'm finally getting to the meat and potatoes of the life purpose course and after redoing my values list at least 5 times and redoing strengths evaluation 3 times I am almost at my life purpose:D. Unfortunately, I am at "bringing it all together", and my impact statement so far goes along the lines of "make people less petty". Although I feel as though I should add onto that "by showing them to savour the joys of life".  However, this would make the impact statement almost double the length. I'm wondering if the second part I should just leave out or if I should add it on anyways. As for my zone of genius is creating characters with emotional challenges and my domain of mastery is creative writing. I really appreciate any and all replies I'm quite inexperienced and would love to hear your opinions!

@UtopiaX

I think that your impact statement is fine with or without the last part. Because the statement should be approximately 10 words long which both are.

And since this is the case,  you should listen to your emotions as you are looking at both statements. They will tell you which impact statement has the most meaning to you and that is the one you should choose out of the two available.

If you feel that none are really that meaningful, maybe go back and redo the exercise and try to find an impact statement that is. Use that instead..

Good luck :)