UtopiaX

Can't Decide On Which Life Purpose. Need Help.

17 posts in this topic

Hi, so I'm smack dab in the middle of the life purpose exercises of the course and more specifically the big leap questions.  And for all the questions it feels like every ounce of me is pulling me in two different directions with programming and writing. Should I go with programming? I know life purpose isn't based off of financial opportunities but it is nice to know there are more opportunities in the field. Or is there some way to combine these two things and boil them down into them at their roots. Thanks so much. I really do appreciate any and all help a ton!

2 minutes ago, UtopiaX said:

Hi, so I'm smack dab in the middle of the life purpose exercises of the course and more specifically the big leap questions.  And for all the questions it feels like every ounce of me is pulling me in two different directions with programming and writing. Should I go with programming? I know life purpose isn't based off of financial opportunities but it is nice to know there are more opportunities in the field. Or is there some way to combine these two things and boil them down into them at their roots. Thanks so much. I really do appreciate any and all help a ton!

everything changes with every moment that passes, the interest you have now, will you have them in 5 or ten years, are you sure,  what you see now as a life purpose is nothing more than choosing an occupation until you learn more, or time and change has passed and brought changes to your mind,  what do you perceive as a life purpose by the way? how far into the future does this life purpose extend?  

Haha this blows my mind thinking about. I suppose the only way to see if I will have the same interest in a few years. I would assume so. I'm no expert on the exact definition of life purpose but isnt it essentially the way or method you are going to have an impact on the world? And as for how far in the future does this life purpose extend im really not honestly sure right now. Is that neccessary to figure out before hand?

As I think more one of the biggest problems I face is while writing I basically know exactly what it will be like. Where as programming even though I've done it it's like what in programming would I be doing. Since I definitely don't just want to be doing some meaningless data assing or something. How do I resolve this? I just feel like programming is just so broad and say even if I'm interested in holographs field doesn't mean I would really like the programming it. Thx again!

34 minutes ago, UtopiaX said:

As I think more one of the biggest problems I face is while writing I basically know exactly what it will be like. Where as programming even though I've done it it's like what in programming would I be doing. Since I definitely don't just want to be doing some meaningless data assing or something. How do I resolve this? I just feel like programming is just so broad and say even if I'm interested in holographs field doesn't mean I would really like the programming it. Thx again!

the only thing that is important right now is what is happening in this moment, are you there , are you conscious and aware of the event that maybe be arising in that single moment, or are you just stumbling along in life sort of in an unconscious manner and having to deal with the consequences of not being there in that moment when an event arose and if you had been there and saw the reality of it you might could have saved yourself some consequences later on,  the moment an event arises is the moment to allow it to live or die, if you are there and aware.

6 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

the only thing that is important right now is what is happening in this moment, are you there , are you conscious and aware of the event that maybe be arising in that single moment, or are you just stumbling along in life sort of in an unconscious manner and having to deal with the consequences of not being there in that moment when an event arose and if you had been there and saw the reality of it you might could have saved yourself some consequences later on,  the moment an event arises is the moment to allow it to live or die, if you are there and aware.

Haha sorry I'm a really bad newbie. I understand what your saying but what does that have to do at all with my questions on life purpose?

4 minutes ago, UtopiaX said:

Haha sorry I'm a really bad newbie. I understand what your saying but what does that have to do at all with my questions on life purpose?

it has everything to do with it, if you live and function in the moment of life and are conscious and aware you will know what to do and when to do it :)

But but but... Then what should I do? I'm not conscious enough to know I need guidance xD. How do I decide which one to go for?

31 minutes ago, UtopiaX said:

But but but... Then what should I do? I'm not conscious enough to know I need guidance xD. How do I decide which one to go for?

hahahhaha that is the part you have to learn the hard way :)

@UtopiaX I suggest you finish the life purpose course AND read all the recommended books. Probably you will find out what is it you like in programming and what it is you like in writing. Either you will see that both options offer the thing you like, or you melt the two into one profession. I don't want to give away titles to persons who didn't purchase the LP course, but there is a book by RT titled DYP. That helped me a lot in finding out what I look for in a job. That made the choice easier.

I also was pulled in two directions, so it seemed, but in hindsight I see that both professions share a common feature which I like. Just in a complete different field. Success!

One thing is for sure. in my opinion you can't build a carrer by the combination of the two.

A great way to determin is to finish the LP course and doing "small bets" for the 2 field of yours, so that you understand if you truly love them. In my situation I'm struggling a lot choosing personal development and cinema, and the only way to find out is to making project in one of them, then in the other field and see what it will happen. I'm facing a lot of resitance but hey, it's worth it. So c'mon buddy, roll up your sleeves, finish the course and then dig deep into your passion and discover more about yourself :)

@Harvey No its the first letter of every word in the title. I want to tell you but don't know if I will get banned or something.

On 05/09/2016 at 1:14 PM, dude said:

@Harvey No its the first letter of every word in the title. I want to tell you but don't know if I will get banned or something.

I don't see why it should get banned, since the book is not Leo's intellectual property. So, even if someone hasn't bought the LP course, but wants to buy the book, why shouldn't they? There probably are people who haven't come across actualized.org yet, but who may have picked this book up anyway. It's "Discover Your Purpose" by Rhys Thomas.

On 21/07/2016 at 2:29 AM, charlie2dogs said:

the only thing that is important right now is what is happening in this moment, are you there , are you conscious and aware of the event that maybe be arising in that single moment, or are you just stumbling along in life sort of in an unconscious manner and having to deal with the consequences of not being there in that moment when an event arose and if you had been there and saw the reality of it you might could have saved yourself some consequences later on, the moment an event arises is the moment to allow it to live or die, if you are there and aware.

This sounds like a useful reminder: to be in the present moment is to be aware of reality AND to listen to your intuition. This is what Leo's latest video is about, too: intuition.

On 20/07/2016 at 9:09 PM, charlie2dogs said:

Hi, so I'm smack dab in the middle of the life purpose exercises of the course and more specifically the big leap questions.  And for all the questions it feels like every ounce of me is pulling me in two different directions with programming and writing.

I've been feeling pulled in two, if not more, directions when tackling the Zone of Genius worksheet, too. If I listen to myself about how I feel currently, there is ONE SUBJECT I want to read and read about the most, although I have no idea how I could impact the world with this passion yet. On the other hand, I got the "warm glow" Gay Hendricks mentioned when discovering your Zone of Genius when I realised I have a COMMON ABILITY across three areas of interest, including the subject above, which is probably driven by that ability.

So, what is the Zone of Genius supposed to be? A PASSION FOR A CERTAIN SUBJECT or an ABILITY?

I guess this is where living in the present moment comes in. I guess I should continue the reading and see if I am still truly interested in 1, 3 or 5 years.

Thank you charlie2dogs and UtopiaX. If you two or anyone else has any more useful insights, please share them.

On 7/20/2016 at 4:00 PM, UtopiaX said:

Maybe this is telling you to create a new lane for yourself. If it is something you love and gives you purpose, you will find a way to do it.