Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bertharmorrison

Birth Doula

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am looking for a birth doula to avoid the complications during my delivery. My delivery is expected to be on 20th October and my mom is not able to be with me as she has to take care of my dad (he met with an accident in the last week). I found one on the web - http://www.newmummycompany.ca/services/birth-doulas/ which sounds good. I need your suggestions.

@bertharmorrison Hi Bertha... To be honest, I had no idea what a Doula really was when I was pregnant... my midwife recommended one and I'm soooooooo glad she did!

The Doula will be with you way before your midwife shows up, days before! Plus, they have incredible skills! I was run over by a truck, across my hips, twice...so child birth was really difficult! The Doula spent hours clamping my hips with her hands and my pain was significantly reduced. The Doula always knew something that would help, in every scenario. Here, in Canada, you can get one for free, as they need to attend a few births before they graduate (maybe same for you?). One thing though, I ended up in the hospital when I became incapable of home birth... and they were extremely prejudice against Doulas there.... I noticed that even my midwife had to pretend to agree with the anti-Doula comments, to keep her respected status at the hospital.... but don't let that detour you, Doulas are amazing!