Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayG84

Model of Reality Using Numbers

2 posts in this topic

I was walking and contemplating infinity this morning. I came to a realization that some people may have talked about before, but it's a new insight for me, and maybe some mathematics minded people might find useful, so I thought I would share.

We all know the concept of infinity, but I think it's very useful to explain the nature of reality. 

We all want to think of what's behind the thing we are experiencing. When we say that Everything came from Nothing, we ask where did this "Nothing" come from?It's hard to understand Nothingness. We want PROOF. We want to "Picture" Consciousness.

We can all think of 0 as Nothing right? The absence of Something. Even 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001 is not 0. It's Absolute Nothingness.

So 0 represents the substance of what reality is created from. Consciousness. The ever present formless void of Anything.

But, reality is created through DISTINCTIONS. Anything that is not a distinction is Nothingness. These distinctions represent our thoughts, beliefs, perceptions, etc. Essentially, anything that makes US. The story we've been told, the story we tell ourselves. Our EGO. It's all DISTINCTIONS. Anything else would be Nothingness.

So 1 is a distinction. 2 is a distinction. 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001 is a distinction. And as we know numbers go on to infinity is every possible way. There is just as many numbers between 0 and 1 as there are between 0 and 0.1---- INFINITE POSSIBILITIES. 

But there are also Negative numbers as well. So this is useful when we think of what is behind the Nothingness. Are there other Nothingnesses? But there can't be. because anything that is other that 0 is a distinction, in the negative direction too.

I think of negative numbers as "Going Meta" We're still making distinctions but we think we are getting closer to the truth. Lol

Our first distinction was I AM ME. And from that, all other distintions were created on top of it. From there we build equations and we do calculations to make sense of all of our life, but that's just creating other distinctions, in turn, creating more reality.

So all of OUR reality is just a specific zoom level of the Infinite Fractal of number possibilies of distinctions. So in that sense, the realization that I had was that:

We are all a Number on the scale of Infinity that is constantly changing with new calculations we make every day. And the goal of this math is to get to 0. Loving or Unselfish things will Subtract or Divide your number and Selfish or Devilish things might Add or Multiply your number. So calculations can be small like eating an apple might be 3582958239535239582 - 10 = 3582958239535239572. Meditation might divide by 5 everytime you sit down. Doing something selfish or devilish might Add or worst, Multiply your number that may take to years to do the right calculations to bring it back. But Taking 5-Meo or staring at your hand for a week will Divide by 0, showing you a glimpse of Absolute Nothingness, but then your ego quickly multiplies it back. 

So I like to think of all this self-actualization work as just making little calculations every day to bring me closer to 0, in other words. God. 

Anyone have any similar insights?