rikkefriismose

Missing A Tribe

4 posts in this topic

I am dealing with a social issue at the moment. I am missing something like a tribe, some persons to share the same interests and worldview with. Being with my old friends and my family is not fulfilling me in anyway anymore. Instead, I feel exhausted while and after being with them because I am constantly thinking about "what to say" and "what not to say" because I know we are not at the same states of consciousness, shortly spoken.

As a result of this, I am in this conflict of missing to be with other people and not wanting to be with anybody but me, except from a guy I am sometimes working out with in the local gym, as I am having a break from reflecting and, therefore, turning off my higher consciousness for the period of time I spent there. I am, though, not satisfied with turning down for my state of conscious for a longer period of time, and being with unconscious persons for a longer time can be strenuous for me.

Do you have any advice how I can handle this? 

I would love to find some persons with the same vibes, interests and openmindedness as myself, but I don't know how and where to find them. Any ideas?

Me too!

I've always had trouble with this. I just can't seem to find like minded people anywhere. There have been a few here and there, but I'm very social, so I'd love to have a group to hang out with.

My partner is my best friend, so it would be an absolute dream if we had some like minded friends together, so we could all hang out as a group. Unfortunately he's same as me and can't find any like minded people either. :D I'm so happy we've found each other though!

If you continue on your authentic path to self-actualization, like-minded people will naturally gravitate to you.  It may take some time to find your tribe, but they are out there.  :) 

What is your life's passion?  Is there a particular field of study you are interested in?  Perhaps you can come into contact with people through school, volunteer work, or through a meaningful career that will share your interests.  They will be of a higher consciousness, and they will facilitate your growth as well. 

Your post really resonates with me.  I am in a similar situation.  For now I am enjoying this time for independence and self-growth, but at times I really long for someone to connect with on a deeper level.  I have stepped away from all of the relationships in my life that are not fostering my need for expansion. 

Hope you find what you are looking for. :)

Edited by Heather

I struggle with this too!!! It really hurts, and at times I feel like it pulls me back into old and unhealthy patterns and ways of thinking. I can't spend very long with my family before I slide into their negativity and neurosis. And when my spouse is being negative and self-defeating, I want to shake him, but I can't MAKE him come along with me on this journey. At times like this I feel my depression and anxiety, which have been vastly improving, start to creep up. I don't want to play the victim an blame others for this- I know part of the issue is working on my own core values and my "reserves" so to speak. But I get frustrated because there is no one near me who shares my views or is in the same place that I am, and a lot of the advice says that you should step away from relationships with people who are a negative influence--but this just isn't realistic. I love my family and I won't just abandon them. I just wish we could all go on the journey together :(

As far as how to find a tribe... the closest I've come is  joining this forum, so at least I can read about others' experiences and get some solid advice and feedback  from people who ARE like-minded (or different-minded? like-minded makes it sound like a herd :))