Human searching

What To Do With Uncertainty?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! :) I'm 19 and I've got a problem with determination of my future life. Like... real problem. 

Within 2 last years my interests are changing too fast and every time too cardinally (from learning languages to maths, from economics to writing, from programming to physics and history, etc). And yet there's no field in which I would be any successful. I really have no idea what to do with myself... I feel ready to give all of me to the idea... the special one. I could work for years and do it effectively if only I would know: "This is what I believe in". 

If you're familiar with this problem I would appreciate sharing some advice. Maybe it's ok for this thing to happen with 19 years old guy? But still it feels like I'm loosing my time and energy not moving anywhere. Thanks for your attention! 
P.S. Pardon me for mistakes in the text - not native speaker :) Peace!

I can relate to this 1000%. Around that same age, I found myself interested in all sorts of different areas of life and I couldn't understand what was wrong with me. I was sure that if I just found that "one thing" then I'd be fine, but unlike everyone else I didn't seem to be able to do that.

So advice to you is two fold:

1) You probably do have some interests that are more pronounced than others. Your job is to just keep following your heart and you'll naturally just keep cutting out the bullshit of things you REALLY don't like to do as you get older.

2) This was a life changer for me. Consider the possibility that maybe you aren't meant to have just "one thing" that you enjoy doing and that's it. One of the reasons I love entrepreneurship because it allows me to participate in a full range of different activities from reading, networking, logical modeling, public speaking, writing, sales, negotiating, etc. That's partially what makes a good entrepreneur. So instead of trying to fight it, embrace it because that may be your path as well.

5 minutes ago, aurum said:

I can relate to this 1000%. Around that same age, I found myself interested in all sorts of different areas of life and I couldn't understand what was wrong with me. I was sure that if I just found that "one thing" then I'd be fine, but unlike everyone else I didn't seem to be able to do that.

So advice to you is two fold:

1) You probably do have some interests that are more pronounced than others. Your job is to just keep following your heart and you'll naturally just keep cutting out the bullshit of things you REALLY don't like to do as you get older.

2) This was a life changer for me. Consider the possibility that maybe you aren't meant to have just "one thing" that you enjoy doing and that's it. One of the reasons I love entrepreneurship because it allows me to participate in a full range of different activities from reading, networking, logical modeling, public speaking, writing, sales, negotiating, etc. That's partially what makes a good entrepreneur. So instead of trying to fight it, embrace it because that may be your path as well.

Aurum, thank you so much for your advice :) It feels good knowing you're not alone with such problem...

9 minutes ago, Human searching said:

Aurum, thank you so much for your advice :) It feels good knowing you're not alone with such problem...

As they say in the self-development community "the more personal the wound, the more universal the wound" ;)