governor

How Strong Is The Mind?

46 posts in this topic

@Mal

20 hours ago, Mal said:

I'm sorry, I don't really know how to interpret what you are saying. What do you mean by meditations? Like "sitting"? And are you talking about different techniques? And how are they becoming "messed up"? Unless you provide some context I can't know where you're coming from. 

well-yea, like 'sitting'-I know it doesn't really matter, but I still wonder what meditation is doing. for ex. I feel weird sometimes in that kind of a meditation.i don't know how to explain it-maybe like "un-focused ,foucus", like focus not directed- -sort of like 'poofy' or maybe heavy or maybe thick. none of these words are exactly what I looking for-but a "feeling" especially across my chest- down my arms-but if I focus on it at all even a little it just stops.if I even just think  what is that-or even try to tell where it starts ( at my hands going up-or at my chest going down ) . also I feel like I'm going to throw up a lot of times after,i won't ,it just feels like I will. other noticeable differences with the "in my head" stuff. a therapist a few weeks ago said her opinion was trauma seems to be coming at on its own (I don't see one but I still think they a trained with a lot of cool,useful skills and they're cool to talk to)- that's interesting. people say things like something seems to be working for ya!...but I always wonder 'really -am I the messed up one it feels like it.   I don't want it to end up that all I did was end up perfecting coping skills or something like that.  idk- probably none of this makes any sense anyway.

14 minutes ago, governor said:

@Mal

well-yea, like 'sitting'-I know it doesn't really matter, but I still wonder what meditation is doing. for ex. I feel weird sometimes in that kind of a meditation.i don't know how to explain it-maybe like "un-focused ,foucus", like focus not directed- -sort of like 'poofy' or maybe heavy or maybe thick. none of these words are exactly what I looking for-but a "feeling" especially across my chest- down my arms-but if I focus on it at all even a little it just stops.if I even just think  what is that-or even try to tell where it starts ( at my hands going up-or at my chest going down ) . also I feel like I'm going to throw up a lot of times after,i won't ,it just feels like I will. other noticeable differences with the "in my head" stuff. a therapist a few weeks ago said her opinion was trauma seems to be coming at on its own (I don't see one but I still think they a trained with a lot of cool,useful skills and they're cool to talk to)- that's interesting. people say things like something seems to be working for ya!...but I always wonder 'really -am I the messed up one it feels like it.   I don't want it to end up that all I did was end up perfecting coping skills or something like that.  idk- probably none of this makes any sense anyway.

@governor

I wouldn't like to say about trauma. Everybody is different. I'm sure if you stick with it, things will change.

I'm also not sure what your goals are. 

I think if people are complimentary about your progress then that's a good sign surely?

I don't know though, I never listen to others because they could harm me when I'm in a process of healing.  Sometimes we have to get worse before better, but if we have people around us who are ignorant or scared of emotions then their opinions can cause us real harm and thwart the process. 

Just believe in the process and don't put any stock in others words.  

I also have developed a problem with really sensitive or delicate people asking advice on here. You can't help them. One has to be strong minded before they attempt to think about the ideas in a place this. I've gotten involved with weak egos before and my experience has been "patchy" at best.  It's one thing to bring growing pains here, but it's another thing entirely to get involved with complex mental illnesses on a forum, it's too much, and its unrealistic to expect to be relieved from it over this medium.  This is not a place for abnormal psychology anyway.

Edited by Mal

3 hours ago, Mal said:

I'm sure if you stick with it, things will change.

I hope things don't change back-i'm not going to think any further than that down that line of thought! ;)

3 hours ago, Mal said:

I think if people are complimentary about your progress then that's a good sign surely?

unfortunately-this is almost never true-      maybe know one really knows- maybe i'm still just trying to find a way around something I already know the is no way around...     I need to stop thinking and go back to just doing what I can ---then hang around in the sunshine with my stupid friends who don't understand  (just because it feels good-not because it's productive or useful)-  play some guitar -hang out -but it always seems like a waste. 

I really don't want  to quote anyone but...maybe leo has a good point when he says you cant out think yourself. :( (I don't listen to a lot of his talks, but my husband does sometimes.)  didn't want to quote him but I did anyway. I guess its ok to take a little tip from someone else sometimes.

3 hours ago, Mal said:

I also have developed a problem with really sensitive or delicate people asking advice on here. You can't help them. One has to be strong minded before they attempt to think about the ideas in a place this. I've gotten involved with weak egos before and my experience has been "patchy" at best.  It's one thing to bring growing pains here, but it's another thing entirely to get involved with complex mental illnesses on a forum, it's too much, and its unrealistic to expect to be relieved from it over this medium.  This is not a place for abnormal psychology anyway.

this part...hmmm...not sure what exactly your trying to imply... but I think your wrong ...

3 hours ago, governor said:

this part...hmmm...not sure what exactly your trying to imply... but I think your wrong ...

Read the guidelines

4 hours ago, governor said:

I hope things don't change back-i'm not going to think any further than that down that line of thought! ;)

unfortunately-this is almost never true-      maybe know one really knows- maybe i'm still just trying to find a way around something I already know the is no way around...     I need to stop thinking and go back to just doing what I can ---then hang around in the sunshine with my stupid friends who don't understand  (just because it feels good-not because it's productive or useful)-  play some guitar -hang out -but it always seems like a waste. 

I really don't want  to quote anyone but...maybe leo has a good point when he says you cant out think yourself. :( (I don't listen to a lot of his talks, but my husband does sometimes.)  didn't want to quote him but I did anyway. I guess its ok to take a little tip from someone else sometimes.

This is incoherent

Edited by Mal