PursuitofLight

Thoughts on raw veganism fruitarianism?

3 posts in this topic

over the past 6 months in my pursuit of true health I've been inquiring about what is the healthiest diet for humans and I've come to believe that raw veganism and more specifically a low-fat high-carb fruit based diet could be the healthiest diet for humans?

My main sources of information on this diet comes from a variety of you tubers who embrace this lifestyle swell as people I've met and spend time with:

There is a lot of people onto a similar way of thinking and experiencing this lifestyle for themselves. A lot of theorising and pseudo-science involved in the reasoning behind why it is ideal for us. much of which makes total sense, such as it fitting our physiology as frugivores and fruit being the only truly attractive food for humans in its raw natural state, etc, etc  

I live in the tropics and here we have an abundance of high quality fresh tropical fruits year round, many people come here for the "fruity lifestyle" and also feel this way of eating to be incredibly nourishing and ideal. I feel however that in any experiment and truth seeking we must have a balance between skepticism and curious open mindedness, hence the ultimate test is eating this way and seeing how i feel.

I've been eating this way for about 2 months now; ripe tropical fruit monomeals as my caloric staple along with occasional salads and raw veggies.

How i feel:

• I would say that my energy levels were initially very high, accompanied by euphoria and a high mood.
  • Now my energy levels are generally very stable and consistent throughout the day.
  • My senses seem slightly more acute, particularly sense of smell
  • my cognitive performance is very high
  • skin has cleared up a lot and feels softer to touch
  • My mind feels more clear like there is less brain fog
  • i feel more sensitive and unable to sedate or comfort myself wit these foods
  • digestion is flawless
  • i appreciate and enjoy eating this food a lot!

These are simply my subjective findings and my experience thus far, im curious if anyone else has eaten a raw vegan or fruit based diet for sometime and how they feel about it?

How did it affect your conciousness and physical health? is it sustainable? etc 

:)

Edited by PursuitofLight

I agree with the low fat plant based diet is the healthiest. Have you check Medical Medium out?

Well, eating a lot of fresh fruit is obviously very good for you, but if you eat only that, you will eventually start suffering from nutrient deficiencies as your stores of essential nutrients, that you can't get from fruit alone, will start to deplete. It would be wise to incorporate other food sources into your diet from time to time, to balance that out and avoid deficiencies, especially things like essential fish oils. The ex-vegan community is very large and growing and for good reason, so be careful in following such an extreme diet, it may do more harm than good in the long run.