Some Fella

attention drifting back onto breath WITHIN self inquiry practice (& other forms of 1-

2 posts in this topic

My attention always seems to automatically drift to my breath after i'v stabalised it on nothingness/emptiness/"true self"/choiceless awareness during my self-inquiry practice. I'll focus on my self & get that unique/weird self-inquiry-ey feeling u get when u flip awareness back on itself, but then once im sitting there in that thoughtless/concentrated state my attention always seems to just drift back to my breath. I'm still holding my attention on awareness itself/emptiness & getting that self-inquiry-ey feeling, but its as if, within/during that state of concentration, a part of my attention automatically drifts to the breath. This always happens anytime i practice self-inquiry, choiceless awareness, thoughtlessness or 1-pointed concentration on an object in my visual field. It feels like once i bring my attention to my object of meditation & it settles comfortably on it then it has nothing else to do & nowhere to go so it just drifts to my breath seemingly all by itself. Then it's as if my attention/awareness is split between the chosen object of mediation & then also my breath.

Is this a bad thing? Have I gone astray? Should i be trying to ignore the breath somehow? Any advice on stopping this from happening if it's a bad thing?

Thanks.

It takes long time to build up awareness and it takes long time make it strong, you have to bring it into your daily life if you want to see huge  progress and it can take months to get it to very high levels. 

It is not that your awareness is split, it is that your awareness is not strong enough and it fades making your mind lose focus on something else.

You could look at awareness like brain fog,losing of moment, when it happens your mind takes control and takes your attention to whatever it wants,