A way to Actualize

Downside Of Self-actualizing

4 posts in this topic

Actualizing the self is great. But does anyone notices the results they are getting?

example: I want to fix my perfectionism.

solution: Beating myself up for doing it

This paradigm did not gave me much results. I feel like self-development wages war with yourself sometimes.

A applied a new paradigm from Matt Kahn (I talk about him in other posts, actualized.org would benefit from it),

solution: setting intentions, and start being okay with perfectionism, eventually loving it. After a few days, perfectionism can not exist in a state of self-love.

Everybody can try for themselves. Did anyone had the same experience with self-actualizing techniques, like having more things to fail at, than getting more results.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

This is just a stage. 

Have you ever taken vitamins or antibiotics? First few days, the condition feels worse, because you are disturbing an "equilibrium" that you were living into - even though that equilibrium did not serve you. Best analogy I could make is that of a tree that was very bent and planted back so it is straight. It will take a little while for it to be sane and growing like it should 

:)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Yeah there may be some downsides and sacrifices which will make your ego uncomfortable. But for me, there are no downsides. I happily accept all the hardships I have to endure and all the sacrifices I have to make, because I know I am on the right path. I am gratefull to be on this journey, there are no downsides, there is only improvement and evolution. Even the paradoxes don't bother me, because eventually I will overcome them.

Personal development only disturbes your comfort zone and reveal the ego for what it is, this is why you struggle. Your ego makes you beat yourself up over problems. In fact there are no problems. There is only transformation and some stepping stones.

Problems are only challenges that serve you so you can grow. And I see you mastered your own problem pretty well, or at least you are on the right path. I think you will be ok :D

It helps to understand first the psychological causes of your perfectionism.

Only then you'll be able to trust yourself enough not to be perfectionist: you'll know then it's only your conditioning that made you that way, and that there are other ways you can be.

But first, know yourself.