Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gerhard

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall neve

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Long time no see :) 

I created a nonprofit organisation and website that raises money for planting trees and reforestation.

It's a novel idea because it allows you to raise money for free, kind of like Ecosia - but instead you visit our website as a "jumpbox" to online stores and then raise money via commission, or you can use the Chrome extension to automate the process.

I like the idea, but any feedback would be appreciated. You guys seem like the right kind of people to ask, so here is the link:

https://www.idonatebyshopping.org/

Sounds like a pretty good idea. It kind of automates itself in a way because there is a lot of consumer spending as it is. I would try to see if you can build partners in the future to gain commission directly at checkout as an option even with smaller retailers. You likely could find a lot of success working with stage green+ business doing that. 

I would try adding right near the top that the user can plant trees by shopping on sites they love and only need to use our commission link to do some or something like that to get the user knowing the purpose right off the bat. I have not really heard the term jumpbox, but I feel this would get the message to the user faster instead of having to look through the site more and would result in a higher conversion rate. I also like the extension idea because it would just automate the process. Good work.