Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HangOn

Sulbutiamine duration?

5 posts in this topic

I am planning on trying Sulbutiamine for the first time soon. From what I've heard and read, it seems to be a situational nootropic and not one that you take regularly over long periods of time for a continued and consistent subtle effect.

Regarding the effects related to energy, mood, confidence, lowered inhibitions:
What is your experience with onset and duration? 

Edited by HangOn
spelling mistake

After further research I found several articles mentioning a half-life of 5-6 hours.
One site stated an onset of  30 minutes.

Still curious what your experience might be.

@HangOn As you said, it’s situational, experiential....so you have to try it. From my experience....you’re thinking of it as if it was a psychedelic, or something of a more significant event. It’s subtle. Talk to your doctor before trying any nootropics too. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Thank you for the advice.

It's supposed to generate immediately noticeable effect, lasting for few hours ("only"), builds up tolerance quickly and has an addictive potential. To me that warrants the language used (which reminds you of psychedelics).  I understand that the effects are more subtle than those of psychedelics.

I have tried it today for the first time. The way the effects are felt remind me of psychoactive cacao, the one used for cacao ceremonies. While they last, it barely hit me, but when it started to fade a bit, I realised how positive and elevated my thinking was and still is, but obviously self-consciousness is creeping back.

@HangOn The intention was more of an ‘at ease’, than implying anything was ‘unwarranted’. :) Glad you tried it and know. I guess I could have just said, take it and see, it’s no big deal. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE