1.  Earth: Dry   > Cold
 2.  Water: Cold  > Moist
 3.  Air:   Moist > Hot
 4.  Fire:  Hot   > Dry
(5.) Earth: Dry   > Cold

__________| Earth | Water | Air   | Fire
Primary   | Dry   | Cold  | Moist | Hot
Secondary | Cold  | Moist | Hot   | Dry
  • Hot: Separation of compound into constituents and grouping into kinds, Subtlety, Lightness, Rise, Centrifugal
  • Cold: Association of different kinds and mixing together into compound, Gross, Heaviness, Fall, Centripetal
  • Moist: Fluidity and flexibility, Adaptation to external, Volatility, Expansiveness
  • Dry: Rigidity, Self-defined boundaries, Fixation, Structure
On 4.05.2019 at 11:00 AM, tsuki said:

RE-RE.gif

The rotation can also be described by two ``laws of motion'' relating any two adjacent qualities, Moist and Hot for example. The first law says that the higher the degree of the earlier quality (in the direction of rotation), the greater the rate of increase of the later quality. In this case we could say, ``Moisture nourishes Heat.'' The second law says that the higher the degree of the later quality, the greater the rate of decrease of the earlier quality. In this case, ``Heat dries up Moisture.'' The two laws combine to cause oscillations in each pair of opposites, which are so coordinated as to cause a rotation. As Heraclitus said, ``The cold become hot, the hot becomes cold, the moist becomes dry, the dry becomes moist''; this ``strife between opposites'' is the motor of the rotation. 

No | Element | Hot | Moist
1  | Earth   | 0   | 0
2  | Water   | 0   | 1
3  | Air     | 1   | 1
4  | Fire    | 1   | 0

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

It slowly started to become apparent to me that this double respiration of breath and awareness has a natural order defined by alchemical square of opposition. I am also interpreting the prayer in terms of the four-fold division of experience, so this association is natural.

I feel very uninspired today though, so even though I already have this mapping, I will not share it for now.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I think I finally found the correct alignment of breath in the prayer.
It's funny because I'm starting to lose the distinction between breath-in and breath-out.