Kath

Help Please - Can You Explain Photographs Please . . . .

4 posts in this topic

I know this will seem naive to many of you - hopefully one day soon it will so to me too. But - I get the whole thing about the mind creating a representation of consciousness such that the 'head picture' is a map of the terrain. The terrain being consciousness . . . . . and I was feeling quite good to be honest, I thought I'd got that. Then - like a tonne of bricks - the thought hit me "But what about a photograph"???????  arrrrgggghhhhh - can anyone help explain please?????

Edited by Kath
typos

a camera uses relatively the same concept as your eyes balls :)

That was my first thought - but it hasn't clicked for me. I can see that my head picture is only a representation - and I can see that I have a head picture of a piece of paper. But how does that piece of paper get permeated with the head picture of something else - ie: a photograph? If my head picture is my mind's representation of consciousness, how does a photo make my eyes and brain create the right head picture????  I really am sorry for my apparent stupidity on this one!! I promise, I'm not being difficult on purpose - I just so want to get it!

15 minutes ago, Kath said:

- I just so want to get it!

Edited by cetus56