Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt8800

Interesting Near Death Experience

1 post in this topic

Ive studied NDEs in depth in an attempt to determine their validity. I believe that to dismiss them as physical process in the brain would be an epistemological error - a violation of Occam's Razor. 

Someone that believes that they should just awaken, and exist in their awareness of the present moment until physical death dissolves them into nothingness is going to live their life very differently from someone that believes that they must learn and grow as much as they can in this life time, with no time to waste. For this reason, I think its an important consideration. 

I like this podcast. The host has a wide, balanced knowledge of both Eastern Esotericism and Western Esotericism. The woman he interviews was walking into her synagogue with her family one day and got struck by lightning. She describes here NDE, the absence of linear time, etc. She says that she found that all people have a "guide", and after one has learned what they need to learn in physical incarnations, will become a guide themselves. This echos what many mediums say that spirits tell them. She also explains why people from different cultures have different experiences depending on their cultural expectations.

She does state that she feels her "mission" is to tell people that they dont need to fear death. My rationalist part of me tends to reject this due to the delusion by our tendencies to believe what makes us feel good BUT from her perspective, she is just relaying what is true.

I have never posted a video before but for anyone interested in the subject, they might find this interesting: