australia1

Extreme tiredness since making progress with contemplation and meditation?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

A couple of months ago I had a first glimpse into what awakening could be like (while I was meditating on LSD). Anyway, since then I've been able to meditate and contemplate for long periods of time, and actually it's kind of the only thing I want to do.

The only problem is that I've started getting extremely tired all the time: I'll sleep in in the morning (used to wake up at 6), get extremely tired and also a bit depressed when going about my day, and also get really tired all of a sudden during contemplation and meditation.

Part of me thinks it's my ego trying to get me to stop doing all of this? - Like trying to get me to just go sleep. Or maybe it's a result of some kind of depression, or just exhaustion from the intensity of the work. Has anyone else experienced this tiredness or depression? Any tips or experiences would be awesome

Whatever the cause is.. I can not tell you.. But I can say that there was a time when I lied in bed for 3 days, because I felt the need to. 

The best tip I can give you is to go with the flow. Allow the feeling of tiredness. To be tired is not a bad thing. To be depressed is not a bad thing. Listen to what your thoughts are telling you and you'll find the reason for your mood

What is Zen ?

If you are hungry .... Eat

If you are tired .... Sleep