Eph75

The underlying need to keep esoteric just that - esoteric

1 post in this topic

Something I've been pondering is why there is such a tendency to abstract and metaphor around questions that are asking for as simple answers as possible.

An example is a question like "how is reality imagination" and we see answers like "reality = distinction = imagination" which require you to already have gained that understanding in order to wrap your head around it.

What the person asking the question is really looking for is an as comprehensive as possible explanation as to how this connects. Which could be something like what we experience is done so via the ego and how we perceive reality is though that filter, which means that reality is subjective and not the non-dual reality that "is". Or whatever else the explanation is. 

By adding abstracting and metaphors to the answer, instead of adding clarity there is more confusion and mysticism added, which is not helpful to anyone. Often such abstractions and metaphors adds a sense/degree of distortion which can be deduced to somewhat clearer abstractions.

One could then ask why this is so, I have some theories, there are more, if you disagree feel free to add your views.

I'm not claiming to have any particular insights, I simply do my best to gain whatever insight and understanding that I can, meditate and see where it all takes me.

1. The person answering the question isn't really enlightened at all but has some understanding of the concepts and wants to give an impression of being "enlightened", as if it were a buzz-word.

2. The person answering the question has had some insight (enlightenment) and ...

• ... wants to make it clear to everyone.

• ...is oblivious to the abstraction and metaphors added are not helpful to person asking the question.

• ...is not really keen on helping others that have not already had the insight in question.

• ...wants to uphold a smaller group of "insightful" individuals with a sense of being "elite" and knowingly use abstraction and metaphors as smokescreens in order to prevent expansion of that group - possibly due to being less special as a result.

• ...has spent so much time that he does not want to help others cut corners, much like the Unix type of person tend to throw a RTFM in the face when of the person asking the question.

All this as opposed to simply applying a SD perspective to step out of his turquoise, yellow or whatever stage of the spiral that who might be in and as helpfully as possible answer the question from the person asking the question's apparent stage of conscious development.

The latter would be the one way most aligned with being helpful towards humanity.

In the cases of the "2" set of theories, it's a bit problematic due to ego presence.

Or..

3. The person answering the question has had some insight (enlightenment) but wants the person asking the question, through hard work, build up the wisdom and insight on their own in order to make the insight as powerful as possible - and - not risking straight off accepting conceptualization as insight.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today.