DocHoliday

The One Thing More Shocking Than Enlightenment Is...

1 post in this topic

... when you gradually realize time and time again just how "stupid" and/or unconscious everybody else really is.

I know that this topic might not be regarded as a topic of "high quality" from a certain perspective, but I really do think that there's a lot to be learned from perhaps applying this lense to your life from time to time.

Obviously, it's not my intention to endorse condescending behaviour of any kind, nor would this apply to a behaviour based on artificial "superiority". What I am trying to point out with all of this, though, is that (also in correlation with Leo's "insight"/decision to take back full authority over himself and his life etc. that he addressed some time ago) "normal" people, meaning all those who have no clue of self-actualization or spirituality/enlightenment etc, just don't see the world through the same eyes or with the same perspective that you see it with. It's just so utterly shocking to see how goddamn clueless everybody else is about the nature of themselves and reality/the universe.

Paradigm lock is most definitely also a great problem in the world, but in combination with that, I think most people are also heavily held back by something I would call "perception lock". 

Because, you see, one of the most fundamental and critical things that no one ever really recognizes is that the way we like to perceive or experience the world is for each and every one of us based on the exact same validity and "trueness" that also everybody else applies to his worldviews and/or perception of it. This is to say that what goes on in my personal experience of the world is just as true (on a relative level of.c.) as what goes on in your experience of it. And, to get to the heart of the matter, I just find it to be so immensely frustrating time and time again that no one ever seems to consider this as a possibility. Everyone just thinks that his or her view of the world is true in an absolute way which, almost needless to say, causes so much more harm and trouble to all of us than necessary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this sense, something else that just really bothers me over and over is that it doesn't seem as if too many people would even want to be treated better than they think they could be treated. At least from my experience, every time I interact with strangers or even 99% of people I already know, they almost always tend to behave in a way that quite unmistakeably is supposed to make me understand that I'm behaving strangely towards them, as if I'm the weird one, being the one who has eventually seen past the illusion of all "individual" ego-barriers. Somehow this just goes to show again and again that you're actually getting better results/responses from people when you behave, act, and speak on their own level of consciousness (which, obviously, for them is the LOC that is the most true, right, and/or authentic one) than when you come at them from a higher one. They're just not able to handle it... it's so frustrating/sad. I guess the biggest problem is just that "normal" people think or expect that there's just one plain level of consciousness, or, even more precisely, that such a thing as "Levels" of concsiousness don't even exist and that their own LOC is the only one that is valid or that exists for all people on this planet. God, sometimes being enlightened or just more conscious than most people is just so much more difficult than not being those things.... how twisted.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!