Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anderz

Horowitz' FISA report

23 posts in this topic

I have listened to several comments about the FISA report now. What the people on the right think is that the FBI is corrupt. What they miss is that the FBI hardly would have made so many amateurish legal mistakes like that without a very good reason. So what is that reason? My current guess is that the FBI on purpose allowed the sloppy FISA application to go through in order to deal with high-level corruption. I even read somewhere that Carter Page was an FBI plant, and "spying" on their own plant is likely legal.

Maybe an expert on U.S. law can explain this to me, but I think that it's legal for the FBI to for example allow a big drug deal to happen, and then after the deal has been made they send in a SWAT team and arrest all the criminals involved. Similarly, the FBI then can allow the DNC to try to frame Trump and then later indict the guilty.

In the hearing yesterday Horowitz was asked: "We also know Russian intelligence was strategically acting to release stolen emails through WikiLeaks, through DCLeaks with an intention to trying help Donald Trump's presidential campaign, and you don't disagree with that?"

It seems to me that Horowitz answers: "We don't disagree with it AND we DON'T agree with that." [my emphasis], from 2:11:30:

That's a clever answer. Horowitz is neither denying nor confirming the accusation of the Russians. He most likely knows that the DNC emails were leaked, not hacked, but it's not his job to look into that.

Edited by Anderz