Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emiliano

What is humor?

2 posts in this topic

I have seen that many misunderstandings or differences can be solved through humor. Why does the universe have this quality?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heyoka

I love this question lol (I geek out below)

"The heyoka is a contrarian, jester, and satirist, who speaks, moves and reacts in an opposite fashion to the people around them."

Humor and comedy serve as palatable approaches to initiating change (in a positive way ideally). Laughter is a form of medicine, I think there is this saying "laughter is medicine for the soul"

I also think crying is another form of medicine. It's like, sorrow and humor are very different sensory experiences with emotion. Different emotions exist as the spice of life, because (from what I understand) we are meant to experience the fullness of life. As whole individuals, and as multidimensional beings, it's important to embrace and validate all aspects of our emotional experience. However learning how to experience a wide range of emotion in a healthy way (an excess of an emotion or a stunted emotion for example are signs of energetic stagnancy –as red flags) is an individual challenge/journey.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.11.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.11.50 PM.png

Edited by FabulousKitchen
it's a good question