Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FabulousKitchen

Evolution of Man

6 posts in this topic

Do you think tongue length correlated to the evolution of humans? 

Also:

is eye-contact exclusively correlated to anxiety? Or is it more than that, is it a sign of other things (holding eye contact/not holding eye contact)

@bejapuskas I don't know, it just came up in my head. It hurts so bad to bite your own tongue, that must be a sign of something. Like, are tongues getting in the way and causing pain from chewing? Do we learn to chew slower? More mindfulness while chewing is fine, but–our tongues do heal fast, but it's still painful. 

Also with the eye contact, I need to look away for given portions of dialogue because I look away to "visualize" what I'm talking about. It feels like I'm multitasking while talking and maintaining eye contact, because I need to visualize what I'm trying to explain or describe. It depends on the context of the conversation, but it's very difficult to do a presentation for a group of people in class for example, because eye contact is an exertion of some kind. To explain an equation to someone and hold eye contact is like driving and texting, or like reading a book and watching a movie, or painting realism and dancing, or shimmying. 

Looking at the wall or some inanimate object always seems to be my "drafting table" mid-conversation. I don't know if that makes sense. 

Edited by FabulousKitchen

@FabulousKitchen You are just thinking too much :) Meditate every morning, be in peace with yourself. Silent eye contact is a beautiful thing. 

With the tongue thing... You can damage all of your body parts if you make a mistake like this, I mean like turning the music in your ear phones too loud or looking at the sun for too long... 

@bejapuskas Noted, and noted. Yes silent eye contact would be ideal but I'm rather picky at the moment (working on it?)

I listen to music at full volume with headphones, damn it (will work on it)

Edited by FabulousKitchen

7 hours ago, FabulousKitchen said:

Yes silent eye contact would be ideal but I'm rather picky at the moment (working on it?)

Again, I don't know what you mean, you cannot assume that people can see into your head. Calm down, meditate every morning.