Shantanu

My Self Actualization/ Spiritual Journey So Far

4 posts in this topic

Actualize.org worked great for me so far. I was the person, who was very much anxious and less social. Now I am not. :D

I had lot of trouble understanding my emotions when it comes to office issues and dating/ relationships. Actualized.org gave great insights.  Videos about workaholic and approval seeking behaviors awakened me. I became conscious about my behaviors. I liked these videos so much that, I spent about 2 weeks watching them all. My thought was to go through all of them, then focus on the one which I really need. I also started meditating and contemplating. I did a 1 month of meditation streak. My anxieties were better handled, I was more aware and was pretty happy.

Before 2  months, I got laid off. I know how I would have taken this news if I was not on the self actualization journey. I had a better perspective this time. I decided to take advantage of this break. I decided to work just enough on interview preparation, i.e 3-4 hrs of study and spend rest of the time on spirituality. I increased my meditation time, started relaxing, started believing that everything is going to be just fine, started with small little prayers and affirmations, stared loving myself more and more. I been working from 3 years and did not get a time to read much. I bought myself a kindle device and started reading a lot. I read following books which gave me different perspectives, deepened my understanding and awareness about spirituality and self help. 

1. The Power of Your Subconscious Mind - by Dr. Joseph Murphy

2. 5 Love Languages -  by Gary Chapman

3. How to be 3% Men - by Corey Wyne

4. The Inner Journey - by Osho

5. The Way of the Superior Man - by David Deida

6. You can heal your life - by Louise Hay

7. The Power of Now - by Eckhart Tolle (Currently reading)

8. Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin (Currently reading)

All these books worked wonders for me. They tuned me further with my true self. I got to see different view points from different people. During this time I also took up few counselling sessions, not because I needed some sort of help, but to discuss about my undertakings and actualization journey. This too helped me a lot.  Along with all this, I continued to prepare for interviews. Recently, before 2 weeks, I got a very good offer. My previous experience will of of use here; project showed a lot of promise for new learning and skillset development, plus they offered me a very good raise in salary. I joined them shortly. :D

My relationships improved a lot. I was able to understand what is happening around in the realm of relationships. I took control. I started to give more and more without expecting much. I started to derive joy from helping others. I also got lot in return. This improved my happiness to a great extent. 

To summarize, I perceive myself very different person from what I once was. Past 1 year changed me a lot. I ventured to do lot many things which I never did and thought I would never be able to do. I witness a lot of pain and this launched me into self actualization journey. This gave me immense curiosity to learn, get aware and to live life with purpose. I was able to recognize my neurotic behaviors, control anxiety and develop my career. Many around me told me that you became very calm and compose, sure and certain. All this in just 1 year. I am sure that future hold lot to offer. I am very grateful, about this phase in my life, all bad that happened, all good that is happening, all the people who influenced me, made me more aware about myself.

I want to end it by thanking Leo, all his crew, and participants of this forum. I strongly believe that you are touching many lives and transforming them. Thanks for everything. 

Pretty cool @Shantanu I like your journal.
Good work!

;)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

great job, i too began reading self help books as well as meditation and just the results it produces.. i cannot believe other people ignore it for a lifetime, how miserable that must be. Good job and you have a great support group behind you.

I am actually listening to Eckhart Tolle's audiobook "The New Earth" and it's awesome.

Also I find Wei Wu Wei and Nisargadatta Maharaj books mind blowing. Read them if you have an opportunity.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16