Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rogelio

Breaking karma

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

If the way to liberation is to break all karma, and karma means action, wouldn't it mean that by stopping all action I would reach enlightenment? That is, just meditate, meditate and meditate until you get it. I think that's the way the Budha got enlightened. What do you think?

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

Meditation is action.

There's action going on all over the universe, macro and micro, always, that I can't stop. What I can stop is my own human actions. When I say meditation I mean just to sit still. I understand that before sitting still I perform action, but the idea is to stop all the action that is in my control. What do you think?

I think that the more I stop my actions I start to identify as the observer and at some point the observer and the observed will merge, and that is Yoga, Union, Enlightenment, ...

Karma is being created all the time by humans, even enlightened beings create karma because actions are being done all the time.

Liberation means the freedom from the effects of karma. 

2 minutes ago, Maya_0 said:

Karma is being created all the time by humans, even enlightened beings create karma because actions are being done all the time.

Liberation means the freedom from the effects of karma. 

Greatlly explained, thank you.