Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carson Ford

Low consciousness eating

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

Alright so sometimes I totally "lose" myself in what I'll call low consciousness eating. I will stuff my face with chocolate treats or chips, but experience a sensation of being totally present (maybe not TOTALLY) through my binge. I do wish to stop this but at the same time, I allow myself to do this and I'm perfectly fine with it. I accept it as part of who I am. I do know that I will feel better with myself if I cease this though. I know that to stop, all that is needed is more presence, to be more conscious. Often though, I feel like I am observing my body as it's going through the motions of this "addictive" way of eating and I have no control. (I know I do have control with more presence but it feels sometimes I watch my body do this, and then I make a conscious decision to allow it.) It reminds me of Leo's video when he mentioned how there's nothing inherently wrong with eating a fat juicy burger, but just to be aware and observant of how it makes you feel afterwards. 

No question here, just discussion. 

Thanks! 

Much LOVE

On 9/11/2019 at 3:43 AM, Carson Ford said:

I do know that I will feel better with myself if I cease this though.

You probably have no idea how much better. If you really knew what kind of impact it has on your physical health, energy levels, self-image etc. you would stop immediately.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:43 AM, Carson Ford said:

It reminds me of Leo's video when he mentioned how there's nothing inherently wrong with eating a fat juicy burger, but just to be aware and observant of how it makes you feel afterwards. 

Yeaaaah, I would not really take that attitude. It's kind of dangerous. It allows you to tell yourself this story and excuse yourself from really doing the hard work of stopping this.

If you are willing to, I suggest you take an hour or two to really contemplate or journal about this habit. About all the implications, all the beliefs around it, possibly all the lies you tell yourself. I am not saying stop the habit, just saying maybe look into it really deeply so you are sure you know what's going on :)

I have a lot of experience with this type of behavior and trust me, there is a lot of self-deception potential here :)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

I find that a sweet treat once in a while (once or twice a week) grounds me.  I don't think it is my imagination or a way to rationalize this.  But I take a huge breath and breathe out and feel really good.  How can this be wrong occasionally?