khalifa

The Addiction Video Seems To Conflict On Another Video I've Seen

5 posts in this topic

i'd like a clear out to why so if possible leo

It's only one theory from a controversial journalist with not great evidence. Most of it makes sense and may be able to explain some people's problem but not everyone with an addiction. 

What do you find conflicting? 

Addiction is caused by a neurotic need vs Addiction is caused by a social neglect ?

I think it's definitely a combination, or one feeds off of the other possibly. If you already participate in neurotic behavior the drugs will encourage more and social neglect fuels the process. I have a few friends heavily addicted to hard drugs and the timeline for them goes as follows:

nuerosis/ego power/depression> 

Drugs>

fueled ego/deeper nuerosis/social encouragement/peer pressure>

Heavier Drugs>

(Up until this point, their behavior was empowering, free, encouraged/rewarded by peers)

Addiction/social abandonment & neglect/dependency

(all of sudden, the behavior they were socially rewarded for is now looked down upon and wrong. But it's too late, the body/mind is hooked)

social neglect leaves them no choice but to continue their addiction stronger than ever. This lifestyle is all they know and they don't understand why it's wrong. 

All this is, is what I see in the young people close to me. I'm sure it's different for everyone but this is an example of how all of these low conscious behaviors and theories fuel eachother and are pieces to the whole

@khalifa Hi khalifa,

The route cause of addiction is judgement. This ties in coherently with both theories -

Neglect: Think about how consistent and repeated neglect causes a mindstream of judgements about life. 

Neurotic need: Think about how neurosis route cause is judgement and resistance. 

It's all interconnected. It's just the surface theories seem different because different schools of thought have created slightly different models.

However, continue on the path of self development  and addiction solves itself. 

Regards

Mal