Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rNOW

Does intuition occur as a sensation or a random thought or a clear concise voice?

1 post in this topic

So I usually sense things that are not right for me - food, things, people, situations. However, that maybe just my brain warning me in my gut. This is usually pronounced for negative situations and there's no such 'butterflies in the stomach' for any positive situations. This is how fear operates, I suppose. It maybe 'instincts' more than intuition. 

Recently, though, I've had certain interactions with some people, that have left both them and myself wondering about what the heck is this.

Example: On a hot summer day, I made a cold drink for my dad. He took the glass and sat down across me and I just blurted out, "If you want, I can make some for your friends tomorrow." (They play bridge out in a garden everyday, even in the sweltering heat). And he looked amused and asked, "How did you know what I was thinking? I was about to ask you to make some of this for my friends." Like honestly? I did not know. I just asked. It wasn't at all a consciously crafted question. It doesn't happen with all people though sometimes I know who is going to call when. (Mostly, given my circle is quite small). Is this intuition? For I have no control over it and it just happens. And there is no 'fear' sensation in the gut. Or any sensation anywhere. 

There's a third thing that's quite new for me. Usually I would hear only one voice in my head that exhausts me out - that I know for sure is the ego echoing things over and over again. But now there's a certain another voice, which is not as loud as the ego nor as rampant and very calm but stern. It tells me to do specific things, which if I mention are kind of ordinary - like when I was peeling carrots and thinking about how awful some people are- I remember the exact words I heard- "Forget other people. Your job is to peel carrots now." Is this also my ego? Usually I find that the instructions it gives are very precise and pertaining to what I'm doing in the moment. 

Which of these is intuition? Or all are or none?